Eliminate Punctures and Loss of Tyre Pressure. Reduce Tyre Wear.
The Tyre Armour range of tyre sealants are specifically designed to instantly and permanently seal punctures and loss of tyre pressure in air filled tyres.
Tyres not only leak air if punctured, they also leak air naturally and over a year even a new and properly mounted tyre will typically lose around 10% of its initial pressure. This results in tyre wear and loss of performance.
Puncture-proofing your vehicles tyres with Tyre Armour will obviously eliminate the inconvenience of suffering a puncture and the associated puncture repair costs. However there are more advantages to using Tyre Armour tyre sealants.
Here are 4 great reasons:
- Tyre Protection
- Road Safety
- Save Money
- Be Kind To The Environment
1. Tyre Protection
- Seals 95% of punctures in tubeless tyres, 75% in inner-tubes.
- Seals slow punctures and prevents natural air loss, maintaining correct operating tyre pressure.
- Reduces overall tyre wear and increases the life of your tyre.
- TYRE ARMOUR is a preventative treatment that lasts the lifetime of the tyre.
- Helps distribute heat buildup allowing tyres to work at lower temperatures.
- Under inflated tyres can lead to thermal and mechanical overload caused by overheating which is a major cause of blow-outs, ply separation and sidewall/casing breakdowns.
2. Road Safety
- Correct tyre pressures are of extreme importance to the handling, lateral stability and breaking characteristics of road going vehicles.
- Stopping a vehicle on the road side to change a punctured tyre, apply a temporary sealant or simply wait for a repair service puts you, your passengers and other road users in a situation of unnecessary risk.
- Under-inflated tires lead to tread separation and tyre failure, resulting in 40,000 accidents, 33,000 injuries and over 650 deaths per year in the USA alone.
- A survey showed that over two thirds (69%) of cars in the UK are being driven on tyres that are at least 3psi under the manufacturer’s recommendation
- In Europe, Sécurité Routière, a french road safety organization, estimates that 9% of all road accidents involving fatalities are attributable to tyre under-inflation.
- The German DEKRA, a product safety organization, estimated that 41% of accidents with physical injuries are linked to tyre problems.
3. Save Money
- One Tyre Armour application per tyre will typically cost the same as the total cost of repairing one puncture.
- One treatment lasts the lifetime of the tyre
- Increases the useful life of tyres by maintaining correct operating pressure thereby reducing tyre wear.
- Fuel efficiency is reduced by under inflation: Every 10% of under-inflation on each tyre on a vehicle produces a 1% reduction in fuel economy. In the USA alone, the Department of Transportation estimates that under inflated tyres waste 2 billion US gallons (7,600,000 m3) of fuel each year.
- Decreased downtime & maintenance: Under-inflated tyres lead to costly hours of downtime and maintenance in industrial vehicles.
4. Be Kind To The Environment
- Under-inflated tires, as estimated by the US Department of Transportation, release over 26 million tonnes of unnecessary carbon-monoxide pollutants into the atmosphere each year in the US alone.
- The European Union reports that an average under-inflation of 6 PSI produces an increase of fuel consumption of 2% and a decrease of tyre life of 25%.
- The European Union estimates that tyre under-inflation today is responsible for over 20 million liters of unnecessarily-burned fuel, dumping over 2 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere, and for 200 million tyres being prematurely wasted worldwide.